Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mission To Juarez Comes To A Close


This mission to Juarez from October 19 - March 29, 2012 has come to a close.  I am still in Juarez just waiting for a phone call that will tell me to cross the border one last time to board a semi-truck that my friend in El Paso named Cesar drives.  He has offered me a ride to Asheville, NC and I plan on taking it as soon as he gets his work order to go in that direction.  It could be any day now.  I am hoping for this Saturday.

In the photo above is me and my friend Damaris who will be turning 16 this coming July 9, 2012.  I have known Damaris since she was three years old when I came to Juarez, Mexico on my first mission back in November, 1999.  The purpose of that mission was to build a home in 3 days with an organization called Casa por Christo which is still in operation building homes for Mexican families on the Mexican side of the Juarez/El Paso Border.


After heading to Asheville, NC and south to Spartanburg, SC I plan on returning to my home town of Buffalo, New York where I will live and work for the next 4 months and then if all goes well I will return in the Fall for another Mexico Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment