Saturday, September 29, 2012

Two Weeks From Today - A New Mission Begins

Just 14 days from today I am hoping to board an airliner for a flight to El Paso, TX where I will begin a week of missions work at an orphanage in the small town of Guadalupe, Mexico which is about 30 miles south of the El Paso border.

Two young men from Asheville, NC will join me on this mission.  They will fly in and meet me at the airport in El Paso and then the three of us will be picked up by a van from Tapestries of Life Ministries in Fabens, TX, the ministry that is building the this children's home that will on day be home for over 350 of Mexico's neediest children.

This mission is about pouring the concrete floor for the new cafeteria building, a project that the team that I was on last October started.  I am looking forward to seeing some of the same people I worked with last year.

In the mean time over this past week since my last posting I have been busy here in Buffalo doing painting work on two houses.  One of those houses is in a town north of Buffalo called Lockport and owned by a long time friend of mine named Al Sammarco and the other house is owned by my brother Dan.

I am pretty much finished with Al's house, just the porch steps to do but my brother's house still has a bit of painting that still needs to be done.  Here are some photos of this past weeks work as i paint my 2nd blue house this summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment