Friday, October 12, 2012

Mission To Mexico 2012 Has Begun

Tonight I am sitting in the McDonalds across the street from the Airport here in Buffalo, NY.  The time is 11:14PM.  I just took two buses from my house to get here.  It's a little cool this Fall evening but it isn't raining which is a good thing.

The plan is to wait it out at the airport till morning when at 7AM I will begin the checking in and boarding process.  I thought about getting a ride here in the very early morning but not having a car at the moment the only way for me to get here is to either impose on someone to get up that early and drive me to the airport or get here myself and wait a little while here at the airport.

This will not be the first time I have waited it out at the airport.  I remember a couple of mission trips ago waiting it out at an airport in Chattanooga, TN for a flight connection in the morning.  You find things to do, nap a bit and then the waiting finally comes to an end when the clock says it's time to get moving toward the ticket counter.  That's the plan for tonight.

Tomorrow morning is not that far away and my first leg of this trip; Las Vegas, Neveda by air is also not that far away, relatively speaking of course.  A jet cruises at about 500 miles an hour so 2 hours of flying will move me a thousand miles down the road.  Looking forward to the morning flight in that direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment