Saturday, December 26, 2015

Snow Today in Juarez on Day After Christmas 2015


We had about 4 inches of snow this evening here in Juarez which made driving around pretty messy and hazardous but I managed to make it through without a scratch to the Nissan. 

Well that's the weather report so far.  Waiting for the holiday to be over now so I can resume with my students who have been off for the past week preparing for the holiday.  


And now that it has come and gone it is almost time to get things back in gear.  Not quite though.  Still a lot of visiting friends and shopping still taking place and the kids are still out of school which means kids at home for their parents.


Since I live in a home that my friend Pastor Julio and his wife rent with their 4 young boys I am treated to being around them throughout the day.  


Last night I took 3 of them to a Christmas party at a mission here in Juarez that my good friend Pastor Jose Compean directs for the poor community that surrounds it.  


The place was full of kids last night who were there to receive gifts and listen to a gospel message by Pastor Jose and to eat some tamales and popcorn and other deserts.


The popcorn was my idea.  Earlier in the day I had gone down to El Centro Juarez and bought a $3.00 bag of popping kernels.  Had a good time popping the corn and a lot of it on the propane stove they had  there.  




 It was a nice Christmas evening with the kids here         
                            in Juarez, Mexico










No comments:

Post a Comment