Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday - June 17, 2014

I'll be back later and tell you how this day went.  So far so good.  I'm at Tim Horton's here in
Buffalo, NY and I just
finished a buttered and toasted cinnamon raisin bagel.  It was good.

This afternoon I will be teaching an AARP Driver Safety course at a local Senior Center.  This will help a dozen or so senior drivers get their car insurance reduced for the next 3 years and hopefully they will pick something up in this class to help make them a safer driver.

Beyond all that and always on my mind is how to get back to Juarez to continue what has been started.

A missionary lives by faith.  We have plans, we have dreams, we have visions.  We know what we would like to do but we need others in the body of Christ to help us make those dreams and plans come true.


Sante Fe St. Border Crossing into Juarez from El Paso, TX
Photo taken from the Juarez side, traffic heading into USA


But for the most part,  we trust in God to put all the pieces of the puzzle together for us.  We let him know that we are ready, willing and able and then we ask Him to lead the way and to provide for us and somehow, someway He does.

Today I am continuing to contemplate how to get my new passport which is needed and required because my old one is expiring in August.  Can't cross the border without one.  And guess what, there is a cost to that.

And I am also contemplating traveling to a Bible School conference in San Bernadino, CA. in early October and being there for 4 days which will require a one way airline ticket and a motel room for that length of time stay there and then after the conference, travel expenses for either a plane or a bus back to Juarez from there.

I am looking forward to meeting the president and founder of the ministry that provides the curriculum for the schools I am facilitating in Mexico and also looking forward to seeing world renowned evangelist Reinhard Bonke who will be the keynote speaker at this annual gathering of missionary's like me.  And guess what?  There is a cost for all this too.

A missionary can only go and do as much as his finances will allow him to.  No finances. No support. No action.  That is why goer's depend on senders,  to help them go.  It's a team effort. It's a God thing. It takes faith.

Lord, I'm asking for more faith today.  I believe.  Help my unbelief. Help me overcome the enemy's voice that is always there saying; " it will never happen."  We know the difference between your voice and his Lord. You say it will.

My God is able.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment