Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016 !


Well all that is behind us now.  It is 2016 and on the first day of the New Year I have once again had the privilege of waking up as a missionary for Christ in the city of  Juarez, Mexico,  where I have been since early October, 2015.

I am a full time Christian Missionary from Buffalo, NY here in Mexico in response to the call of God in my life to "go into all the world and make disciples."

I am making disciples through a Bible School I started here a couple of years ago after doing short-term missions here of anywhere from 10 days to 9 months over the past 16 years, starting back in November of 1999 when I formed a 10 person team from fellow believers back in Buffalo and we came to Juarez for the first time to build a home for a poor Mexican family through an organization who's mission is to do that called Casas por Cristo.

Now after all those years,  the focus is spiritual maturity, the making of mature believers in Christ,  through the study and understanding of the Word of God.  

Our curriculum consists of 5 Trimesters of courses that lead to a 2 year Associate Degree in Biblical Studies.  

Our courses are taught by a host of very gifted and anointed instructors who present their courses via bi-lingual DVD.  

We have mid-term and final exams that each student must pass before moving into the next Trimester. ( 12 weeks ) 

Our students will walk away after graduation,  fully prepared to do the work of the ministry,  using what they have learned with us,  to make a difference in their world here in Juarez and perhaps beyond.  

The vision here in Juarez is for more students and more schools and by faith, I am continuing to trust that God will give the increase in his time as we continue to be  faithful in the small things, the beginnings we have here with the 14 students who are currently making progress in the various Trimester groups that are running consecutively here under my direction and facilitation each week.

I am living and operating here totally by faith trusting in God's provision.  This is "my job".  I have no guaranteed income.  I don't get a check every Friday for the work I do all week long like you do, those of you who are employed in other lines of work. 

Missionaries trust God for their support. And missionaries have financial needs on the field just like you do where you live and work:

* gasoline for the vehicle each
* car insurance payments each month
* propane and firewood for heat and cooking
* rent for living accommodations each month
* rent for Bible School building
* food each day
* additional finances for other needs...


And that is what I have been doing since I have been here (trusting God to provide providentialy through others  ) , not just on this mission but on every previous mission to date, which you can read about in this blog, namely doing the work and trusting God to provide for my needs as I do.

I have made Christ and His work, my priority and I am trusting in Him to provide for my needs through the brothers and sisters who come alongside me and say, 

"Nick I believe in what you are doing and I want to be part of it.  I cannot personally go to Juarez, Mexico and do what you do but I can help you financially to do it."  

By saying and doing that, you will be sharing in this work that God has begun and blessed and I believe will continue to bless here in Juarez.

If you would like to partner with me in this work of making disciples beginning here in our border city of Juarez, Mexico - our "neighbor" to the south you can send your support via the US postal service to my USA mailing address across the border from where I am actually sleeping every night and working every day.  My mailing address in El Paso, Texas is:

Nick Pukalo
P.O. Box 835
El Paso, TX. 79945

Thank you for helping me continue the work that has, by the grace of God, been started here in Juarez.

Dios le Bendiga,

Hermano Nick

your missionary in Juarez, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment