Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday Go To Meeting Day Here in Juarez !

After a relatively warm night's sleep in my great brand new sleeping bag (purchased at the well known Dick's Sporting Goods in Buffalo, NY) with the retail name of "Furnace", ( it's certified to keep you warm at 35 degrees, very light and fits into a small bag) a recent gift and a blessing  to me from a good friend back in hometown Buffalo, NY,  it's almost time for church.  

Winter is cold here in Juarez contrary to popular opinion, although thankfully this season it short, only a couple months.  

I'm thankful for the "Furnace" that God sent me to keep me warm at night, through my friend and brother in Christ back in Buffalo. May God return a blessing he will also appreciate and enjoy to him as well,  is my prayer.

We may not get snow like the folks up north but you know it's cold inside when you can see your breath while shaving, not to mention taking showers with no hot water in the house because theirs no hot water heater. (too expensive to buy let alone operate). 

We try to avoid high electricity bills.  So we burn fire-wood, and use propane.  But you can't have the propane heater on while you are sleeping because of the fumes which could cause to sleep permanently.

So after warming the room up and turning off the heater or placing the last piece of firewood in the wood burning heater, it's time to climb into the sleeping bag and zip her up.  Kind of like camping.  Only indoors.

God didn't promise me the Hilton Inn if I did missionary work for Him but He did promise to provide.  And He has by His grace. Something from nothing is what I have experienced as a missionary who has traveled here "light" on more than one occasion. 

He has provided me with shelter, food, transportation,  and Gospel work, school locations and many friends here and I know their are missionaries in far worse conditions and situations than I have ever experienced. But I do live as the people God has called me to minister to live.  They live in similar and some, in even more humble circumstances. I am guessing that more than a few would wish they have what I have.

One thing I do know as a full time missionary is that we (other full time missionaries) are all trusting the same God to meet our needs on the mission field that He has chosen for us in the way He choses to.  As Christains, and not just missionaries, we are all called to "live by faith."  And that is what we are doing here in Juarez, Mexico.

This morning I will be attending the church of one of our Bible School locations here in Juarez, called Esmira 1.  Their are 12  churches in this family of churches founded by my friend Pastor Jose Selgado.


Today I am hoping to find some interest for our new Trimester 1 set to begin Monday evening at 7:30 PM on January 25, 2016.






No comments:

Post a Comment