Thursday, February 14, 2013

Arrived in El Paso - February 14, 2013


I had a great time of fellowship and meeting new people at Pastor Henry and Jacqueline Becerra's church in San Antonio yesterday, even spoke a little in there, was able to spend several hours around the Alamo and I am here now in El Paso at their library getting ready to leave here to cross the border on foot into Juarez.

That was the good news.  Now here is the bad.

2:30 Am is not a good time to board an Amtrak train from San Antonio to El Paso especially when you are dead tired from lack of sleep.  The night at the airport in Buffalo before leaving did not  help.  So by the time the train was leaving I could hardly keep my eyes open and inadvertantly left my jacket with passport there.  The result of trying to negotiate two bags, a jacket, a suit coat with my passport and papers in it and a styrofoam cartoon with fruit slices in it that was given to me from the church to snack on.  Won't be able to get back to USA after crossing over this evening until I retrieve my passport.  Pray friends, that my passport is found and I am reunited with it.

We are still short of the funds we need for auditorium by almost $200.00 not to mention other related expenses.   
Well anyway, it happened it's over with and here we are with the results.  So with no passport my plans have changed as far a building a home with Casa por Cristo which I was going to do these first few days in Juarez.  I called them and explained what happened.  I a little comforted to be told that the number of people signed up for their team went up from 6 when I volunteered to add to that number to 16 people now who are officially going to work together to build that home - that's more than enough people.  So I was given the option of staying in the agreed upon motel for an early morning rendevous with the rest of that team to cross the border and build a home without having to pay a team fee to join the team or to just pass on this time.

I have decided to pass on this time and I will walk across the bridge in a couple of hours and make my way to sister Klarita's store, say hi to her and then go over to Adopho's hamburger place.  When he closes up tonight I will bus it with him back to his house across from Julio's church where i will be sleeping tonight in Julio's church- Lord willing.  
Me at the Alamo yesterday.

Well that's the plan.  While writing this I received a call from Pastor Julio.  He knows I am here now and will be meeting once I cross the border.  I will be able to go in but not back out until i retrieve my passport.

Continue to pray for me and this conference mission and for more finances so we can pay our auditorium fee and move on with other much needed things to happen before March 15, 16, 2013.  Juarez Vive !

No comments:

Post a Comment