Monday, February 18, 2013

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

This is my 4th day in Juarez, Mexico.  First chance I've had to get on the internet to connect to write this update.

Had a great time of fellowship with Pastor Henry Becerra in San Antonio, TX, one of our key speakers for the event we are planning in Juarez.  Flew there from Buffalo on the 13th of Feb.

Early the morning of the 14th Pastor Henry dropped me off at the San Antonio train station where I boarded a 2:30AM train for El Paso.  I was really tired that night and inadvertantly left behind my jacket with my passport in it.  What a way to being a mission into another country.

Had to decide what to do.  I decided to enter Mexico without a passport and trust the scripture that says,  "God will put His angels charge over thee."  He did.  I'm here.  But no way out until my passport is retrieved.  It was found praise God back in San Antonio and last I heard it was in the mail heading this way.

Since arrival I have been working with a couple of pastors trying to solidify our location.  Trouble right off the bat.  Found out for the first time that another conference similar to the one in my heart was on the drawing boards for a date "2 weeks after mine."  This was a day event too and the worse part is that the same pastors I was counting on to help me with the event in my heart are already working together to make this conference come to pass.  They are calling their conference Victory for Juarez.  The one God gave me to do is called Juarez Vive !.  They have scheduled 9 American Pastors and all day both days.  I am looking for 3 hours on Friday night and 3 hours Saturday morning.

I have a meeting on Wed with 40 Pastors to share this vision and attempt to get them on board to help me with what I am here to do.  Right now it looks like a big mountain to climb.  I need all the prayer and help from God I can to see this through.  It will be by His grace alone if this happens and I am still believing it will.

Gimnasio Josue Neri Santos
Juarez, Mexico

Here are photos of the location of the other event.  And a new problem.  I talked with the people of this location and their is an opportunity to get this place too for our event.  It holds 6000 people vs the 1000 our first choice location.  I am working with and praying with local leaders here trying to decide which course to go.  Prayers are needed and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment