Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sitting in Dallas Waiting for Flight to El Paso

Last night for what seemed likeseveral hours over France before we got to the Atlantic Ocean and then we kept flying and flying until final Newark, New Jersey popped up on the radar screen for the pilots.

Make no mistake, Paris to Newark non-stop is a long flight.  And why is their always a baby that won't stop crying almost the whole time ?

Other than that is was a good flight when you compare it to having to fly somewhere else first to change planes like we did on the way to Paris when we had to land in Rejkavik, Iceland and switch planes to fly the rest of the way to Paris.

My three months away from El Paso/Juarez is coming to a rapid close.  After waiting all night at the Newark, Airport for 4am boarding we finally took off and after a few hours we are no in Dallas, Texas.  Just a short hop to El Paso and then the adventure of 9 more months of mission work will begin.  Looking forward to a rest from all the flying first.  Want to lay down on my own bed in Juarez in the house I have been renting since January.  My good friend Adolfo has been house sitting for me in my absence. Hoping everything is the way I left it back at the end of June when I left to go back to hometown Buffalo. It was nice to have been away for awhile and now I can say it's nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment