Friday, February 3, 2012

Border Crossings

Here's what it looked like crossing the border into USA from Juarez, Mexico this morning.  Had about a twenty minute wait as both the US Citizen line on the left and the Mexican Citizen line on the right inched their way forward toward the US Border Customs building.
                          
I've crossed the border into El Paso again early this morning after waiting in a slow moving line on the bridge.  After about a half an hour my place in line finally made it into the border crossing inspection building and I was asked once again like they always do; "What was your purpose for visiting Mexico?" to which I replay, "I was visiting a children's home and a pastor and his family."  To which they reply, "what are you bringing into USA?"  To which I reply, "not much, my computer, camera and some library material."

Depending on which agent I get to stand in front of the conversation usually ends here and I'm given back my passport and given permission to keep walking in the direction of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."  Once in a while though the questioning persists until they get it out of me that I am a missionary here on business for the Lord.  That ends the conversation and they let me pass. For some reason they have nothing more to say after they here those words. 


Rev. Paul Johansson teaching the Book of Romans via 10 week bi-lingual video teaching course that we have been hosting here at Pastor Julio's church in Juarez, Mexico

Well, it's off to Mac Donalds for a sausage Mac muffin and then to the Post Office.  Tonight is class #9 of the bi-lingual video teaching series on the Book of Romans I am hosting at Pastor Julio's church in Juarez.  I have a few hours here in El Paso before crossing back over for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment