Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday in The Juarez Library

         New Walkway From Juarez to El Paso Being Constructed


I'm in the Juarez library this morning preparing to teach my first class in a series on the Pentateuch beginning tomorrow morning for one hour at Pastor Julio's church before the service starts.  We will go for the next 7 weeks covering the first five books of our Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.

Yesterday was a busy day.  Didn't have time for internet.  Left my house at 5:30 AM after lighting the candles in my dark home and shaving to candlelight while watching my breath vapor with my exhales.  It was cold and then a cold shower to really wake me up.  Then out the door and down the dusty trail to the bus that took me to downtown Juarez where I crossed the border bridge into El Paso, still dark outside.

My reason for going to El Paso that early in the morning was to teach my 2nd AARP Safe Driver's Course which began at 9:00 AM on the other side of El Paso.  I had to connect with two buses to get there and I made it on time.  We had 4 students out of the 6 that showed up and I taught the class for the next 4 hours.

After busing it back to El Paso I made it to the Post Office and mailed the required reports and money collected from the course to the home office.

Later yesterday evening Pastor Julio  and I made our way to his church to host the final class of The Book of Romans Series that we have been doing but unfortunately not enough folk showed up and we were a little late in showing up ourselves due to a late start from our home.  We will be re-scheduling the class for another day this coming week.  Looking forward to teaching Pentateuch tomorrow morning in church.

     Rio Norte Retirement Center in El Paso, TX where I came this morning to teach a safe driving course.

No comments:

Post a Comment