Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Morning Visit to El Paso

Never ceases to amaze me what some people are into and still calling themselves Christians; going to bars and nightclubs, drinking, smoking, playing with tarot cards and other demonic distractions like horoscopes.  When you challenge them for their faith they attack you and they always seem to think they are right and you who stay away from these things are wrong.  I've come to the conclusion that their are a lot of people just plain fooling themselves and refusing to come to Christ on His terms not their own.

Well I guess they will always be there, that crowd.  I am looking for fellowship with true believers who understand biblical spirituality, not something they have invented all their own to satisfy themselves instead of a God who loves them.

We had a great class in Romans last night in the church here in Juarez.  The regular group showed up and we had the opportunity once again to watch and listen to the teaching of Rev. Paul Johannson in Class #9 of the 10 week bi-lingual series on Romans that we have been doing.  We were taught about Chapter 12 in Romans, the chapter you go to see how to live out this Christian life in this present ungodly world.  I'll return to this paragraph later today and add some highlights from his teaching for your edification.

Back in El Paso today for what I believe is a Divine appointment with some friends of mine from Carlsbad, NM who are traveling here for a funeral of one of their friends.  Hoping to get a chance to fellowship with them for a while before crossing back over into Juarez.  Their was a cold chill in the air this morning.  A few minutes after leaving my casa I almost turned around to go back and get my jacket but I listened to the voice in my mind that said it will warm up later.  Hope I listened to the right voice.  Found out once or twice that I can be wrong once in a while.  What a revelation.

After stopping off at the Superette down the hill to buy a small coke to get change for the bus I rode the bus in to downtown Juarez to the foot of the border bridge and crossed over without much problem this Saturday morning.  I'll report here later and let you know how things went....



Photo Above: The Main Branch of the El Paso Library System.  One of my favorite stops on my visits to El Paso, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment