Thursday, April 12, 2012

1st Day in Hendersonville, NC

Yesterday around 6PM  I arrived in Hendersonville, NC about twenty minutes south of Asheville where I am staying with friends that I have stayed with twice before on previous missions to Mexico. It is good to see  my friend Paul Konko and his family of boys and a little girl again and to spend some time with them.

Last night I went to church with Paul in Asheville.  It was a nice service where I listened to s special speaker they had from Ukraine named Victor Kurelenko a man who was totally blind and who taught very well from the Word of God concerning the Baptizm of The Holy Spirit.  Here is a photo that Paul took of the two of us outside after the service and after I spent several minutes talking with him.


                           Visiting with my friend Paul and his family here in Hendersonville, NC


         

                 Staying With My Friend Paul Konko and his family here in Hendersonville, NC


                                         


 Yuri Konko working on edging a piece of granite that will become a kitchen counter top.

Here we are on day 2 in Hendersonville, NC.  The weather is nice here, a little cooler than I was getting used to down in Spartanburg but the skies are blue and can't complain.  Paul's wife cooks really well and the meals are always nice.  Yesterday we visited the shop where the men of Paul's extended family work in their kitchen cabinet and counter tp making business.  Had a good time re-connecting and visiting with them.  Here is a photo of Yuri Konk at work, working on a piece of granite.

                                         

                   A reminder of what God does with each of us.  He starts with raw material and then           begins forming it into something nice and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment